Friday, August 12, 2011

Υπεραγία Θεοτόκε σώσον ημάς!


O You Apostles from far off,
Being gathered together in the village of Gethsemane
Lay my body in burial
And You, my Son, and my God, 
Receive now my spirit from me.

You are the sweetness of Angels
The gladness of the afflicted ones
A protection of all Christians
O Virgin Mother of our Lord;
Grant now me help and save me
From eternal torments


I have you as Mediator
Before God who loves mankind;
May He not question my action
Before the hosts of the Angels
I ask of you, O Virgin,
Hasten now quickly to my aid.

You are a tower adorned with gold
A city surrounded by twelve walls
A shining throne touched by the sun
A royal seat for the King
O unexplainable wonder,
How do you nurse the Master?

What a blessed night of prayer!  I've tried to put my thoughts and feelings into words.  They are totally inadequate.

Υπεραγία Θεοτόκε σώσον ημάς!

Most Holy Theotokos, save us!


No comments:

Post a Comment