Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Movin' On Up

So, over this past weekend, we moved from our cute little one bedroom + den house to a three bedroom + bonus room house.  I've pretty much been MIA for a week now.

I have some thoughts but they are all in a jumble right now.  I have ADD, so the kind of change that moving house brings makes the adjustment more difficult.

Don't get me wrong- I LOVE the new house.  This is by far the nice place I've ever lived since getting married 11 years ago.  And I've moved 10 times within that time.  There is something so fundamentally awesome about having enough room to put your crap so that an uncluttered house might just be possible.  Some people might find putting their stuff away to be an invigorating exercise.  Sometimes I do... but more often then not, I feel overwhelmed and want to drive up to my Borders and have a latte.

I need to put down roots here, but the only way I can think of to do that is to go shopping... and I don't want to do that.  The house is lovely but the area isn't so great.  Whatever.  I don't really care too much about that as long as we're safe... and we are.

I know I've missed some important stuff over this past week... Tabitha, I'm thinking of you and praying for Karl and your whole family.  Mrs. B, congratulations!  MuseMama, so glad Children's is gonna be awesome... well, as awesome as it can be.

I promise to re-enter life soon.  Just need to finish spinning my cocoon first...

No comments:

Post a Comment