Friday, May 8, 2009

Cleansing while Broke

So, I'm broke until the 19th. I really can't go out and buy groceries without charging it until that date.

Holy Frak!

How can I start a cleanse with mostly fresh, raw veggies on Monday when I can't afford to buy lettuce? Well, basically, I'm going to do the best I can. There's an ethnic market close to use that sells Romaine heads 3 for a dollar. Three pounds of apples for a dollar... 5 bunches of parsley for a dollar... and the stuff is okay in quality too. The veggies are better than the fruit, but beggars can't be choosers... literally.

I have enough supplies to make green smoothies for a few days. I won't be able to juice until Wednesday. Kinda makes me wish I'd bought more kale while I was ignorant of our financial situation this morning at Mother's. I did get my flat of wheatgrass so I'm set there. Yay! I've bought liver detox tea and green teas so I can have my hot bevvie in the morning.

How am I going to eat 70% raw on no money?? I really have to make due with what I have and really get the most out of it. There's no throwing away ANYTHING and if I have to live off of celery/lemon juice, so be it. I can't eat pasta, but I can eat up the brown rice, wild rice, quinoa, and millet that's been sitting in my pantry for a while. I have to make everything count.

The bottom line is this: I WILL NOT BE STOPPED! I am determined to make this change in my life. This is it. Do or die! No more messing around.

I've called Kris my guru for the past few years, ever since I first saw CSC on TLC. She's giving us this great gift, this great opportunity to change our lives while she guides us. I won't be put off because I suck at managing money.

Plus, there's always the dreaded CC... AND I can sell my vita mix 3600 now, so that can fund my groceries. I wonder if there's anything else of value I can hock so that I can do this cleanse... and feed my family too ;-)

Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment