Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Carb Overload

I want. To die.

Well, not really.  But my insides feel like they are going to explode!  And its all because of carbs.  I've eaten more bread in the past 24 hours then I have in months and I'm feeling it.  YUCK YUCK YUCK!

Tomorrow, I begin the 4 Hour Body plan.  That, combined with South Beach, will hopefully get me down another 10 pounds in the next 5 or 6 weeks.  I'm psyched to get started, actually.  I've already lost 10 pounds on South Beach... and when I lose another 10, I get to pick up a special something-something for myself.

The main idea behind the 4 Hour Body is this: Give yourself the Minimum Effective Dose of what works and then commit to it completely.  Apparently, a lot of people are having great success with it.  There are over 1,000 five-star reviews on Amazon.  I know someone who is using it and has lost over 10 pounds.  And its pretty easy.  Here are the main points:

1. Eat one protein, one legume, and one vegetable at every meal.  The protein should be at least 30 grams or more of protein.

2. Keep meals simple and repetitive

3. White foods are verboten... the exception being cauliflower.  Mmmmm....  Oh and no fruit or dairy.  Booooo!

4. Try not to snack.  If you're hungry, eat more at meals.

5. Have one binge day a week.  He's not talking gluttony here... he's just recommending that one eats some of the forbidden foods one day per week.  For me, that will be Sunday.  Then I won't have to say no to all the coffee hour goodies!  Apparently this helps shake up your metabolism.

Really, the book explains it all.

There is nothing incompatible with 4HB and South Beach... except that you are allowed to snack and have dairy on South Beach.  The diet is called "Slow-Carb" but really, it basically sounds paleo to me.  And that's okay.

All my problems would be solved if I could just eat eggs.  I can't do it.  The only way I'm able to get them down is in cauliflower pizza.  Maybe I need to sneak out and buy a few heads...

2 comments:

  1. Best wishes with your new diet. I struggle with keeping on track. Inevitably something will happen that derails me and I use it as an excuse to give up.

    I am wheat free, which makes me feel so deprived, because I love to bake sourdough bread and other goodies. But it is truly a huge help to not eat bread when you want to lose weight or feel healthier.

    Cauliflower pizza sounds good!

    Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found you over at the hip homeschool mom's blogroll. I am a Charlotte Mason educator and a fan of the South Beach diet. I have been doing it since the end of January and I am losing weight and feeling great! I have never heard of 4HB, but am curious now. :) Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete