Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Homekeeper's Journal

This week’s Homekeeper’s Journal is about homemaking, of course and…… Being Gentle.

Behold your King is coming to you, gentle, and mounted on a donkey” (Matt. 21:5; cf. Zech. 9:9)

Gentleness is one of the Fruit of the Spirit. We’re commanded to be gentle with others. In the Bible the word Meekness means Gentleness. Most women don’t have too hard a time being gentle or meek. The problem women sometimes have with gentleness is in thinking that gentleness equals weakness.

In my kitchen this week ….. Meatless dishes cuz its Cheesefare week!  I've got loads of soups planned- tonight was a garlic thyme soup with greens and homemade stock with grain-free buttermilk biscuits.  YUM!

On my mind this week … My husband becomes a catechumen tomorrow and Great Lent starts a week from Monday.  On my mind this week- preparations for the Fast and the sacrament of Holy Confession.

Gentleness is one of the Fruit of the Spirit so as a Christian ….. I want to demonstrate gentleness in ALL my interactions with people, especially my children.  Moreover, I want to be gentle in my heart, not just in my words and actions.

When the Bible says that Moses was the meekest of all men (Numbers 12:3), it reminds me that …. It reminds me of the Beatitudes, that the meek will inherit the earth.

The gentle person has died to self, so when I am gentle in situations that cause others to be angry and violent (Proverbs 16:32; 25:28) …..
I know that a soft answer turns AWAY wrath.  I need to stay strong in that gentleness and insist that the situation remain calm.

Knowing that gentleness is not cowardice or lack of conviction (1 Peter 2:22-23), I am encouraged to …. be deliberate in my gentleness toward others.

No comments:

Post a Comment