Friday, May 20, 2011

Simple Food

Nourishing Days: I love love love this website.  I haven't read much in terms of this gal's life (except that her family is grain free and lives on a homestead) but I've tried tons of recipes from her site and I've loved them all.  She's written two cookbooks: Simple Food {For Winter} and Simple Food {For Spring}.


The recipes ARE simple, delicious, and nourishing.  There's a nice mix of meat and meat-free dishes.  All the recipes are grain free.     If I'm not mistaken, the only dairy used in the recipes is cultured dairy.  The ingredients are seasonal, so they should be available at their peak freshness making the food extra delicious

I've based the next two weeks of dinners off the recipes in these cookbooks.  My family, including my very picky kids, have loved everything I've put in front of them.

Highlights from Simple Food for Winter include: Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup, Slow Cooker Dijon Chicken with Broccoli and Grain-Free Buttermilk Biscuits.  BISCUITS!!  Made without flour!

Simple Food for Spring includes such favorites as: the best RANCH DRESSING I've ever had.  Ever.  Ever.  Thai-Inspired Spring Vegetable Stir Fry, Braised White Beans Scented with Rosemary, and Grain-Free Scones.  SCONES!!  Made without flour!!

There's a really nice variety in these books.  We're fortunate to live in an area where a lot of the winter ingredients are available year round and we do get a cold night every now and then so we'll be using these cookbooks quite a lot.  They are reasonably priced as well at $10 for the ebook version.

So check it out, yo!  You won't be sorry!



PS- I signed up to be an affiliate so if you click on any of the links above and buy the books, I get a little something something.  I really believe in these cookbooks!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! your review is awesome. It means a lot to me, wheat free and also really into Traditional Foods- type cooking. We are also learning to fast, so I am definitely on my way to check them out!

    ReplyDelete