Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Christian Homekeeper's Journal



This week’s Homekeeper’s Journal is about Spring Time Plans.

In my kitchen, I plan to ….. prepare for Great Lent by doing some serious research on vegetarian high-protein, low carb, non-soy sources of protein.  A Herculean task with not a lot of chance for success BUT, I vow to figure this out because my husband is going to be received into the Church and he needs to fast too!!

Plans with the children ….. Spending lots of time outside, either on nature walks, in parks, or working in our garden.

Plans with the husband ….. We want to take our annual anniversary trip this year in the same place we went to last year... except with half the budget.  It can be done!

Plans for my house ….. Massive, MASSIVE declutter around this house.  Following Simple Mom's guide to spring cleaning, now found in her newly published book Organized Simplicity

Garden Plans ….. I am absolutely OBSESSED with having a productive garden this year.  I know seeds are cheaper, but I think I'm going with plants that are already established.  We're going to focus on crucifers, I think, because I need to eat as many of them as possible.  My husband likes everything and my kids don't like any vegetables in general, so... crucifers it is!  And tomatoes.

Other Plans ….. Continuing to count One Thousand Gifts.   I can already see a difference in myself and in my daily perspective.  I am so grateful to Ann Voskamp for her beautiful, challenging book.  And to think, I was going to let that one pass me by! 

I also want to start blogging again.  Clearly, I'm starting off with memes, but hopefully I will feel confident enough in myself to write again.  I don't want to be one of those bloggers that people look to for ideas and guidance.  I've been that and the burden is too great for me.  I so appreciate others, such as Alana, Laura, Katherine, Ann, Anne, Sh. Patty, Matushka Anna... They are able to present their ideas, their struggles, their theology, and their homes in a way that lifts people up, even when challenging them to think differently.  I'm not there yet.  In the past two years, my worldview has completely changed.  I am a baby in the Faith again.  I just want to soak in the inspiration and the challenge to live a godly life united to Christ.  So what this blog will be, I'm not sure yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment