Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Its Raining, Its Pouring...

Its raining outside... the last vestiges of winter are making their way through my area.  I love the rain.  It reminds me of cold night walks and early morning hustles to class from my dorm room during one of the best years of my life.  It reminds me of the warmth of home.  Who doesn't like to bundle up in a sweater and slippers with a hot up of coffee and a book?  The kids can't play outside, so its rainy day games for us today!

Sometimes the rain brings with it a dip in mood for me.  The depression I face, always simmering beneath the surface, seems more difficult to stifle when the sun hides behind the clouds.  I am rattled more easily.  I find it even more difficult to get going every day.

But today, I choose differently.  I'm going to do what needs to be done.  I refuse to let the rain get the better of me.  Its only a little sprinkle, after all.  I intend to find my joyful thanksgiving in this day.  I cling to that hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment