Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Simple Woman's Daybook

 

A Simple Woman's Daybook for February

Outside my window...grey clouds just waiting to rain and unusually cold weather.

I am thinking...about what I need to do to prepare for our ES's visit on Monday

I am thankful for...Hot tea and a peaceful evening

A thought to share... "Be kind for everyone around you is fighting a great battle."

From the kitchen...Garlic Thyme soup and grain-free buttermilk biscuits

I am wearing...my gym clothes... STILL!  EW!
 
I am creating..Alex's notebook for our homeschool

I am going...todeep clean the kitchen tonight

I am reading...Great Lent by Father Alexander Schmemann

I am hoping...to really be present at the Divine Liturgy tomorrow

I am listening to...Podcasts from the 2011 Climacus Conference on Thoughtful Ascent, available for FREE at Ancient Faith Radio

Around the house... kids are playing, husband is exercising, dog is begging to come inside, mama's trying to clean clean clean so she doesn't have to do it tomorrow...

One of my favorite things...A CD someone gifted me of the nuns at the Holy Monastery of the Theotokos the Life Giving Spring chanting hymns of the Divine Liturgy.  I close my eyes and I'm right back in the katholikon listening to the chant and awaiting the Eucharist.

Another thought to share... "Honor is... treating every person as special, doing more than what is expected of you and having a good attitude."  I need to remember that before I can expect my kids to live it.

A few plans for the rest of the week: more decluttering and cleaning, our 'learning meeting' with our charter school teacher, printing press field trip, feast day on Tuesday, St. Valentine's Day park day- it is going to be a busy week!

Still another thought to share...
Meatfare Suinday Tomorrow!!  Pot Roast it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment