Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hades Groans



"Today hades groans and cries aloud: 
'It had been better for me, had I not accepted Mary's Son,
 for He has come to me and destroyed my power; 
He has shattered the gates of brass,
 and as God He has raised up the souls that once I held.' 
Glory to Thy Cross, O Lord, and to Thy Resurrection!"

~A Hymn from Holy Saturday

Until yesterday, my heart had been weighed down with troubles and I just couldn't focus on repentance and genuine sorrow for the part that my life has played in placing Christ on the cross.  But somehow, sitting in the church with my husband in silence, God trampled down those walls and those sorrows I was feeling for the troubles in my life turned into that repentance and sorrow for sin I had been longing for and seeking.  I started weeping.  I left the service last night, no longer weighed down by my earthly cares.  I hope this feeling stays, at least through tomorrow.  

I will write more about yesterday, Great and Holy Friday, in the days to come.  For now, I am basking in the truth that Satan has been defeated and the grave can no longer hold those who call Christ their Savior.

Kali Anastasi!  Blessed Resurrection!

No comments:

Post a Comment