Thursday, April 21, 2011

She Knows My Pain


Today He who hung the earth upon the waters is hung on the tree. The King of the angels is decked with a crown of thorns. He who wraps the heavens in clouds is wrapped in the purple of mockery. The Bridegroom of the Church is affixed to the Cross with nails. The Son of the Virgin is pierced by a spear. We worship Thy passion, O Christ. Show us also Thy glorious resurrection.
Today the blameless Virgin saw You, O Word of God, hanging on the Cross, deeply mourning you within herself, and bitterly pierced in the heart, she groaned in agony from the depth of her soul.  Exhausted by beating on her breast, with hair disheveled, she cried out wailing: "Woe to me! My Divine Son! Woe to me! Light of the world!  Why O Lamb of God, have You faded from my eyes?" Wherefore, the legions of the Heavenly Hosts were seized with trembling, crying out "O incomprehensible Lord, glory to You."
But God, our King, before all ages wrought salvation amidst the earth.
Seeing You hanging on the Cross O Christ, the God and Creator of all, Whom as a Virgin she bore, she cried out bitterly: "O my Son, where has the beauty of Your form vanished? I cannot bear to see You unjustly crucified; hasten therefore and rise up, that I too may behold Your Resurrection from the dead on the third day."

No comments:

Post a Comment